Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pin-ter-vention: Choc-Peanut Cookies

Today I want to share with you, and my friends over at the Pinterest party the protein cookies I made this afternoon for a healthy snack option. They are based off a recipe I found on Pinterest.  I added cocoa to mine to make them choc-peanut cookies and used my 'Vanilla Be Good To Yourself Protein Shake' in them. Here's how they turned out:




  Below is photo from the original recipe:




For those that don't know, six months ago, I made a decision to commitment to eating healthy and exercising regularly with the goal of getting fit and healthy and getting rid of some {quite a bit} of extra weight.  It's been a while since I've done a blog update about my weight loss journey, so I'll tell you a little bit about it thus far. In order to stick to my goal to get fit and healthy, I sort out help from the local pharmacy.  I've been taking meal replacement -protein shakes and bars- for some meals and eating a balanced plate for two of my main meals, along with two to three healthy snack through the day. I've also been doing regular exercise, which helps a lot.  I see an Amcal weight management consultant each week who weighs and measures me and takes my body fat reading. She is there to answer any questions I may have about the exercise and eating program.  She also offers support and accountability. So far it's working out great. In the last 6 months I have lost 13.9kg, which works out to be over 500g per week. I'm really happy with the slow and steady weight loss and how much better I'm feeling.



Now to get back to painting, I'm working on these two pieces today for an upcoming show.


linking up with:




BEAN/MCCALLS


3 comments:

  1. Just want to say congrats on your weight loss and your commitment to being healthy! I've been working on the same thing and it isn't always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are committed, I'm working on it! I need to lose these 20 lbs of baby weight and now. thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cookies look good!!!

    So awesome how you're doing w/ your healthy lifestyle!!

    ReplyDelete