Tuesday, July 10, 2012

PALETTE & PAINT: Inexpensive, invaluable painting tools.


Okay, the first one, the plastic takeaway lid as a palette.... 

... it's probably not that revolutionary, but it sure was handy today when I ...

painted up two op-shop found ornate oval frames, giving them a new life.

The second one is the paint brush caliper, now this is a novel idea (if I do say so myself)...

... quite useful indeed. I use these to compare distances between landmarks on the painting.

Also, they are good to measure vertical and horizontal straight lines...

to gauge what lines up with what (not pictured).

If you've got some invaluable equipment you'd like to share with Palette & Paint, please link up.

 


Find out more on the P&P page



Comment on this post using Facebook:
Comment on this post using Blogger, WordPress, Type Pad, LiveJournal, OpenID, AIM or Name/URL:

1 comment:

  1. I keep looking at the Op shop near The Collective Store, maybe I should go in one day, if you find great frames like that. What a perfect fit for a perfect little girl. Like the chopstick paint brush calipers,very clever. I still can't do that eye lining up thingy, think I'm too wonky.
    Von :)

    ReplyDelete