Thursday, September 8, 2011

Artist Carol Marine Lost Her Home and Studio in the Texas Fires, PLEASE HELP if you can.

I recently did an Admiration File on Texas based artist Carol Marine, I just love her work!  I admire her work ethic and lifestyle, I was thinking how lovely she has it, having her beautiful studio joining her family home.  I was really saddened to hear that she lost all that in the fires that ragged through Texas a few days ago (and the fires are apparently still going). 


"The fire devastated their entire subdivision. She and her husband and their son were not harmed, but they were able to take only what they could carry when evacuating, and the rest is lost. The good news is that they have fire insurance, but the bad news is that it will take time for that to take effect, and they are living in a camper with few possessions.  If you’d like to help the family get back on its feet, a family friend has started a fund to immediately assist them.

You could also, of course, bid on some of the wonderfully bright and energetic small paintings that Marine currently has up for auction through Daily PaintworksAs Marine describes on her blog, her small paintings are one of the few things she was able to grab, so the auctions can be fulfilled ". 1

I'll leave you with some of my favorite pieces of Carol's:

No comments:

Post a Comment