Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A New Hair-do and a Lace Shirt.

I'm still painting away on this piece, It feels like a never ending painting, but there will be a day (very soon I hope!) that it will be finished.  This image has undergone many changes since my last studio update, the most noticeable things are that the lady now has hair and the shirt has changed into a lacy number.  Below is the most recent photo of the painting. I took it this afternoon after a very challenging and frustrating day of painting.


I am inspired by the paintings of John Singer Sargent, Scott Burdick, Carol Marine, Ethel Carrick and E Phillips Fox, these artist are what I call painterly realists and I admire their work deeply.



Come Visit me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, the lace is looking fantastic Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy! I had such a heartache with it today, can you believe I had to wipe away a whole mornings work and start afresh in the afternoon? The painting is so much better for it though :)

    ReplyDelete