Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've got another STUDIO UPDATE for you.

Over the last few weeks I've been busy in the studio working hard preparing my paintings for Wynnum Up Late, putting the finishing touches on my Monthly Painters Challenge artwork and adding some more paint to the below painting.





I'm happy that I finally figured out what I wanted to do with the background of this image and how to add a 'bird element into it.  My study into light (link love post coming soon) and colour temperature and transparency has been very influential in my progression of this piece.  There is still a far bit of work to do on this painting, especially on the shirt, hat and bird.  Because the bird was painted onto the background while the paint was wet (wet on wet = blended mess, for me anyway) it was impossible to get the detail I wanted and the depth of tone in his little features. I'm still deciding on a colour for him too. Any Suggestions?

Also just a reminder, the Lethbridge Small Scale Art Award is in it's last week.  My Kirra painting is on display at the gallery, it is one of the 120 finalist artworks. The gallery opens on the weekend or by appointment, check out their website for details.



I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and wishing you all a productive week next week.






Come visit me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist

No comments:

Post a Comment