Friday, July 26, 2013

STUDIO UPDATE: Painting Petunias!

Hi there Paint Party Friday friends and those that follow along with my Studio Updates each week.  Well, it's FRIDAY again! (9pm here mind you). What a week! I did get my paints out this week after a long drawing and study break, and oh my, it's so nice to be playing around with paint again, I did miss it. All my sketching and lessons have not been in vain though, I'm seeing the fruits of my labour.


Testing out different colour combinations for the Petunias.

 NEW PAINT! 
I just was not happy with the vibrancy of my mixes 
so I invested in these single pigment paints and they are brilliant.

 Playing with paint! The practices are coming along nicely.


Comment on this post using Facebook:
Comment on this post using Blogger, WordPress, Type Pad, LiveJournal, OpenID, AIM or Name/URL:

10 comments:

  1. Oooh Tracy I'm loving that Magenta, delicious. Always love your paintings. Happy Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this make of paints and those fab colours, loving the work you have done so far. Happy PPF, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are so beautiful! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you painting again, not that i didn't love the drawing... just good to see the paints out again...love the petunias and I love using single pigment paints... I couldn't live without permanent Rose...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these petunias....so gorgeous!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vibrant colours and your petunias are looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful petunias - love to see your process of choosing color. I find working on ATC size I have to do that or I have a bit more texture than I bargained for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make it look so easy to get depth in the flowers, but I know it's not easy. The petunias are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete