Thursday, June 21, 2012

PALETTE & PAINT: Mark making tools.

I just wanted to show you a few of the mark making tools I have been using to paint lately. I say mark making tools, because if you look closely, you will see a few tools that are not 'brushes' amongst this collection. A cosmetic dual tipped cotton bud and eye shadow sponge brush were used in this sitting.  From time to time I use lip brushes, blusher brushes and eye shadow brushes for softening edges or taking paint off. Think outside the box I reckon.


Above is what my brushes looked like at the end of a painting session working on the fabric and hands of the below painting. Each sitting I use different brushes, it really depends on what my subject is, what size the area is and at what stage the painting it is at.




If you missed last week's post, about Palette & Paint changing up a bit, the blog party is still all about sharing your palette and paint (and paintings too!), however you will not be restricted by having to get a post together 'every Thursday' and there will be a master list of blog participants so every time you post, you don't have to come back and link up on the blog post, you just do it once.

Find out more on the P&P page
 






Comment on this post using Facebook:
Comment on this post using Blogger, WordPress, Type Pad, LiveJournal, OpenID, AIM or Name/URL:

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing what you do. I get so much out of it, and appreciate your sharing...it helps me become a better artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing :) I might have to raid my makeup drawer now...

    ReplyDelete