Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A different kind of Art and some painting.

The Art of Cooking. I've been making healthy dinners lately, and there is a certain art to that, not only in the presentation, but also the way it's prepared and also what the meal is made up of.  Here are some of my creations:


Today marks a month into my weight management journey, I've decided to make a commitment to eating healthy and exercising regullary. Every week I see my Amcal weight management consultant and she weighs and measures me and takes my body fat reading. She also answers any questions I have about the program. So far I have lost 4.5kg. When I think about it, that's massive.  Think about carrying 4 x 1kg bags of rice around all day, when I do I think boy oh boy! Just looking at 4kgs of rice makes me exhausted!



Though I have more energy from losing those rice bags, I still have been finding it difficult to get going of a morning and get the creative juices flowing because I have been sore and have had tired muscles. As you may know, it takes a lot of energy and focus to paint. I have to keep telling myself just to start and the rest will happen, because once I'm doing it, it's hard to stop (a bit like exercising, the first step on the treadmill is the hardest).

So here's my progress on my self portrait:







Time to pick up the paint brushes and push some paint around, wishing you all a productive day!  Tracey xx

 Come Visit me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist

4 comments:

  1. Good on you Tracey..If there is one thing I know about, it's losing weight. Unfortunately it's my area of expertise and I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've put on a bit of weight in the last three years from changing my lifestyle and not paying too much attention to what I ate and I become quite inactive. Putting 1kg on here in there does add up over time and next thing I knew I was unfit and not so healthy. There comes a time when enough is enough and i have to put a stop to it. I look at photos of a younger me (like the one I'm painting) and think I can get back there again. I did it once with a personal trainer and a nutritionist and a women's gym, this time it's a little different, but so far I'm on target just doing it from home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to change our eating habits and get myself exercising each day.I noticed that while I had been working on my home and my expectations for that had risen, that my expectations for how I take care of myself had also risen. Of course I'm still struggling to get my exercise habits down, bit still trying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hard getting into a habit, but once you do it's worth it. I had to get out of the mindset that every time I exercised was time I could be painting, because it was false economy. Now I think that every time I exercise I get to spend more time painting in the long run because I will be fitter and healthier, good luck with it. Let me know how you go.

    ReplyDelete