Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Happy Sunny Winters Day!


I've been playing around in the back yard taking some photos to better understand the lighting and form on the lady in my latest painting, with particular focus on the ribbon and hair (which I am currently working on). I've done another layer on the hair and added some more paint to the jewels on the ribbon since my last post (image below). Coming up soon I'll be sharing with you a post on painting hair, similar to my post on painting hands, but in the meantime it's time to get back to painting.  Enjoy the rest of your day (or evening for my international followers).



Come say hi to me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist




2 comments:

  1. I love how this is progressing Tracey and can't wait to see it finished. Hair is my namesis in paint, and I don't think the ribbon would treat me very kindly. I love how you continue to challenge yourself and find new challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey! I think the key in improving is challenging oneself every step of the way. I'm learning so much with this piece. It has morphed so much along the way and It's been a real journey.

    On another note, I went into the Collective store today and saw your new goodies. I love the MPC Ritual piece and also the 2011 College on the right in the dark frame. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete