Thursday, May 5, 2011

Link Love

I usually add link love onto the end of my Studio Updates, but I've just decided to do it as a separate post, so here is some link love (for those that are scratching their heads and wondering what I'm talking about, link love is just what I call the sharing of links to websites, blogs and pages that I have discovered, been interested in and reading lately.


Daily Painters: Website 
http://www.dailypainters.com/


The Daily Painters Gallery is the first and largest juried gallery of daily painting artists. DailyPainters.com was founded in 2006 by artist and daily painter Micah Condon. They have over 30,000 paintings, and they are adding more paintings every day by over 150 juried painting-a-day artists.  Most of the artist sell off their blogs and do small paintings for their daily paintings and larger ones that they exhibit in galleries. They are mostly practicing professional artist. I've been blog hopping and checking out painters that catch my eye, there is some great talent and inspiration on these pages.



Daily Imprint: Blog
http://dailyimprint.blogspot.com/


Daily Imprint is a blog about contemporary creative Australian souls.  Each day there is a new interview, where the spotlighted person is asked these insightful questions:

Which five words best describe you?
How did you get your career start and what path have you taken since?
What’s the best lesson you’ve learnt along the way?
What’s your proudest career achievement?
What’s been your best decision?
Who inspires you?
What are you passionate about?
Which person, living or dead, would you most like to meet?
What dream do you still want to fulfil?
What are you Reading?
It's very interesting and inspiring to learn what others in the creative field are up to and their points of view and their individual histories. These question have got me thinking about my own life and art practice and how I would answer these questions. How would you answer them?



Come visit me at: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist

No comments:

Post a Comment