Sunday, February 13, 2011

My week in the studio

I had one of those weeks...

I had hoped to get into my next body of work this week and paint, paint, paint.  However I got some sort of virus early in the week and the energy was sucked out of me. I spent a lot of time in bed resting and sleeping and also got a chance to read some of my art books and I re-investigated one of my all- time favourite artist, Michael Sowa.  I have a charming little book on him in my collection with the most amazing images. So inspiring.  Here's a few of my favourites:

 



I also re-visited "SO YOU WANT TO BE AN ARTIST & still eat" a book put out by Artworkers Alliance. This is a fantastic read, with great ideas and advise for artists wanting to make a business out of their art.  I would recommend getting your hands on this book if you have not already.  Here's what Artworkers have to say about it:



"Artworkers Alliance has published a handbook written with the starving (and clueless) artist in mind. It is titled So You Want To Be An Artist And Still Be Able To Eat? and was created by a team of emerging producers, writers, designers and photographers.

The handbook fills a big, black hole in the self-help market for artists. It gives readers the low-down on how to find work and get paid, how to establish and grow your arts practice and let them in on helpful business, legal and financial advice.

All content is presented in bite-sized articles, written in conversational language, and interspersed with artwork and advice from local artists".

By the end of the week I had enough energy to do a little bit around the studio and work on the business/admin/accounts side of things.  Sometimes one needs these kind of weeks, I doubt that I would of taken the time off on my own accord to rest and read my art books if I wasn't sick. 

I Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

Come visit me at http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist



 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I especially like images with giraffes in them. : )

    ReplyDelete