Friday, December 9, 2011

Studio Update: This week wrapped up!

It's been a full and fun week, another productive one! I've been working on the two image below, this week and have got a firm idea about what needs to be done to them to get them off the easels and deemed 'finished'. They are both required to be completed by mid Jan as they both have been entered into a prize. 


Today, I finally got to sketching up my Monthly Painters Challenge {MPC} piece for this month, it's due in 6 days! {I know, I'm always leaving it to the last minute}. I thought it was about time to pick up the brush after having the last three weeks of the idea running through my head and developing. I wish I could share it with you right now, but it is part of the rules that we keep it all hush-hush until the 15th.


If you missed it yesterday, Flo from l'art En Ciel joined me in my blog party P&P {for sharing Palette's & Paints}. You can join in for this coming Thursday's SHOWCASE if you head over and add your link at Palette & Paint #4. You have until Wednesday 5pm AEST to submit your post. The Entrants from P&P #3 were:

P&P 3 Flo
P&P 3 Tracey



Linking with:


StudioJRU


I'm also joining in the fun over at Life Re-arranged for InstaFriday with this little postcard that highlights some of the special moments from my week that were captured with Instagram on the iPhone.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!











21 comments:

  1. These pieces look fabulous already. I always love to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the GIRL WITH CAT! Thank you for sharing and Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both. I was supposed to do a "mans best friend" this week for the Daily Paintworks. But I have two cats and not only have very few pictures of those independent beings, but am SOOOO busy with Christmas stuff, that I haven't gotten around to painting any pet. Your cat painting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tracey!!!!! I love all of the amazing work you have been working on this past week...you are always creating magic in your Studio!!! I also love your Holiday photo!!! what fun!!! wishing you an amazing weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tracey,
    I am a little late this week for my palette but you can accept it (jet lag from France!!!) Otherwise keep my post and my palette to present next week.
    I really appreciate your art ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey, your paintings are beautifully. I really love the one of the girl and cat. You've captured the affection she has for her pet so well. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracey, great pieces. Love your girls. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both coming along beautifully!

    Looking forward to the unveiling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy and fun colors. great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both your paintings!
    So many things I like about both...the colors, texture, rhythm, movement, variety!

    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pieces, can't wait to see the 'challenge' one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful art, I love the colors, and the one with the cat reminds me of my cat!
    Happy PPF, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your paintings look bright and very beautiful Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great. Good luck with your submission, hope you bring home the trophy (or whatever the prize is).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Paint Party Friday, I'm running a bit behind schedule :) Thanks for stopping by. I always love your beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is so amazing! I love the piece of the girl with the pink flower in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tracey, what lovely paintings! I love the 2 lovely women. They are young and free-spirited. Can't wait for the 15th to see your masterpieces

    ReplyDelete
  18. "What needs to be done to them to get them off the easels and deemed 'finished'"... oh how I love that! lol I totally get what you are saying. Sometimes just knowing a piece is finished can be so hard! Love seeing those palettes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. well done on your complete pieces and good luck preparing for the unveil of your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful - I love the color choices for the girl on the right :) I look forward to seeing your "unveiling" too!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, these are both excellent!!!!Deb

    ReplyDelete