Friday, August 5, 2011

An Arty Outing + A NEW Painting + Painting Progression

Yesterday was such a terrific day! I meet up with Jasmine from Art by Jaz down by the water at the lighthouse park (called that by locals presumably because of the red light house by the park - image below). We chatted for ages about art and life, drank tea and ate yummy cup cakes, we'll they sure looked yummy anyway, I didn't partake in one because I've embarked on a healthy eating plan and chose to have carrot and cheese slices instead.


We were also joined later in the morning by Lucinda (Lou Lou) and then by Danielle O'brien (Artist, Crafter and mother of two beautiful boys). We chatted some more while one of Danielle's little boys played in the park and then it was off to the Olive for some coffee and lunch because by that time we were all a little hungry.  Jaz headed home to get some painting in.


After chatting some more about art and life, the group moved onto Mason and Daughters for a look at my paintings hanging on the walls there in the latest exhibition.  As we were walking down the lane we were met by the lovely lady who had just purchased one of my paintings (below, the second from the top) and she jokingly told me I had started a family feud between her and her daughter, because they both wanted to buy the same painting :)



You can't go to Wynnum without stopping by The Collective Store, so that's where we headed next.  I also have work in there at the moment too!



Then it was time to head home for some painting!  I started a new painting, this one is the biggest I've painted or some time, It's about 45 x 60 cm. I had previously primed the background in a mid tone green acrylic ready to sketched out the under painting in oils.  It's a self portrait of a skinner me after a Sargent painting called  'Ena and Betty Daughters of Asher and Mrs Wertheimer' - image below.





I have also done a bit more detailing on my 'Valentine' painting. Detail Below. This one is taking me a lot longer than I thought, there is many layers of oil (which takes a while to dry even when using Liquin) and It's been a huge learning curve. I will have to go back into the skin tone and bring some more yellow back into it as it's a bit too harsh for my liking at the moment, slowly, slowly.


Wishing you all a happy weekend!


Come say hi to me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist


3 comments:

  1. Loved this blog post. And not just because it mentioned me. Ok, maybe a little bit! I already like the way your self portrait is headed. I've been looking at Danielle's art too - AH-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to catch up with you, I'm looking forward to out next meet up!

    ReplyDelete