Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monthly Painters Challenge - The Beginnings


A few weeks ago I stumbled across this blog that was holding a monthly painters challenge and I thought, we could do that in our art community.  I knew just the artists to get involved in this group, artist who would inspire and challenge myself and each other.  When approached, they all said yes! And we become the Monthly Painters Challenge group. The wonderful members whose work I admire so deeply are as followed:




 

Alice Jones
New Zealand

***




 

  Louisa Janke


***





***




 

Tracey Fletcher King
Brisbane 


***


Here is how it will works:  Each Month one of the group members pick an interesting object/subject for the group to paint, it must be challenging. The choice could be something we have not tackled before in our practices or something that one wishes to improve on. We will take it in turns to choose the challenge.  

The challenge will be announced to the artists on the 16th of each month, but not to the public, it will be a surprise (so will our paintings). We paint without revealing to each other what we are doing with the chosen challenge until the 15th of each month. We then reveal our images to each other and the public by uploading a photo onto this Facebook page.

I will be doing a blog post each month similar to the ones on this blog with every-ones images and links to their blogs, so watch out for the first one Mid June.

I'm so excited, like a kid a few weeks before Christmas, I just can't wait to see what everyone does for the first challenge. They do say good things come to those that wait.


I hope you are having a lovely week.



Come say hi to me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tracey.potter.artist



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Tracey! I am so excited to be a part of this lovely group of women and talented Artists! They are all fantastic. I am excited to see everyone's work and to reveal mine! :)

    Blessings,
    Sarah Wiske

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sarah, It's lovely to have you in the group! I was excited when you said yes. I can't wait to see what all the fantastic artist produce, yourself included.

    ReplyDelete